Saturday, April 17, 2010

Promises of HOPE

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you…" –Jeremiah 29:11-14


This passage has become very “popular” in the Christian world…it’s printed on everything and when that happens I think sometimes we can lose the amazing message that are in the Word. This passage is from a message from Jeremiah to the people in exile- in it, God tells the people that although where they are is not exactly where they thought they would be, or maybe even where they would choose to be if given the chance, to go on with their lives. He wants them to continue to live as they would have in Jerusalem. Get married, raise children, build homes and pray for the prosperity of the area in which they now live- in other words He was telling them to just move on and embrace the journey! He encourages them by the verse we are all so familiar with – a promise and a plan for hope and future! These people must have clung to that for the 70 year “detour” they took from the place they called home. I guess I say all that to say this, the detours are where we find the hope and promises of God. He gives us these detours in life because He loves us, and desires for us to seek and find him! I guess our family is kind of in a place of hangin’ out in Babylon like these guys, instead of where we thought we might be (with a baby due in October). But, I am so thankful for the promise of His plans! He is here with us, with our best interest at heart! Isn’t that all we really need, I’d say so.


When God comes down, He removes the immovable difficulties. When God comes down, the impossible becomes reality. God moves on behalf of the one who waits.

Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. That's become my verse for this season of my life as well. I love you.
    p.s. I think I'm going to create a blog too ;)
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete